Beginning the Journey (for new Christians)
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
David, Life of
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Names of God
Sermon on the Mount
Pictures of St. Timothy or Timotheusby Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
It seems that there are few paintings of St. Timothy in Western art, probably because the Scripture doesn't associate him as a leading character with a particular narrative. Primarily what is available online are contemporary icons.
- Louis Glanzman (American illustrator, 1922- ), St. Timothy (2003)
- Jan van Eyck (1390-1441), "Portrait of a Man (Timothy)" (1432), oil on panel, National Gallery, London.
- Portraits of St. Timothy, mainly manuscript illustrations
- Portrait of St. Timothy, Santa Pudenziana, Rome. A tradition at Rome has Timothy as the son of St. Pudens, a Roman Senator who hosted both St. Peter and St. Paul in his home and who also fathered SS. Pudenziana, Praxedes, and Novatus.
- "St. Timothy" (5th century), fresco, Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls
- The Baptism and Ordination of St. Timothy (Ca. 1080), Fresco, Marian Oratory in the Church of Santa Pudenziana, Rome
- St. Timothy and St. Novatus (16th century), Fresco, Church of Santa Pudenziana
Timotheus (late 14th - early 15th century), fresco in Gračanica Monastery (Kloster Gracanica, Serbian Orthodox), Kosovo. Shown with Cyril of Alexandria.
- Icon of St. Timothy
- Icon of St. Timothy (Greek lettering)
- Icon of St. Timothy (holding a book, English lettering)
- Icon of St. Timothy (English, holding a book)
- Icon of St. Timothy (English, holding a book, tanned)
- Timotheus (late 14th - early 15th century), fresco in Gračanica Monastery (Kloster Gracanica, Serbian Orthodox), Kosovo. Shown with Cyril of Alexandria.
- Timotheus Seichter (icon 3 or 4), (Greek letters)
- Icon of St. Timothy (English, holding book)
- Icon of Apostle Timothy (English)
- Icon of St. Timothy (Greek)
- Icon of Saint Timothy (English)
- Icon of Saint Timothy (English)
- Icon of Saint Timothy (Greek)
Stained Glass Windows
- St. Timothy stained glass window, location unknown. Timothy reading a book.
- Edward Burne-Jones, St. Timothy and His Grandmother Lois (c. 1872), Vyner Memorial Window in Oxford Cathedral.
- St. Timothy with the martyrs' palm, removed from Neuwiller Abbey.
- Eunice Teaching Timothy, Trinity Church North Transept Stained Glass Window, Boston, MA.
- St. Timothy, St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, Massillon, OH
Symbol of St. Timothy
Club and stones, St. Timothy
Companion of Paul on his missionary journeys and referred to by Paul as "the beloved son in faith." Reputedly beaten and stoned to death for denouncing the worship of Diana. First Century.
Louis Glanzman, Dorcas (2003).
Tabitha, stained glass window (1949), St John's Church, Ainsdale, UK
Greed and Avarice
Jacopo Zigozzi (1547-1626), Allegory of Avarice, oil on canvas, 57-7/8 x 33-1/4", Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
Matthias Stom or Stormer (Dutch Artist, 1600-1650)
- Avarice. Canvas, 67.9 x 57.5 cm, The Kremer Collection. Woman counting coins by candlelight. AllPosters.
- Frau mit Kerze (1640-50), The Hermitage, St. Petersburg
- Christus am Ölberg, Berlin, Staatliche Museum
- De Reiuge Petrus (1615/1650), Gotha, Schlossmuseum, Schloss, Friedenstein
Lars Justinen (1955- ), "Inspiration," based on 2 Timothy 3:16. Hand with pen on writing parchment.
Relic of St. Timothy, at St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, Diocese of Fort Worth, TX
Christian Art and Paintings:
Abraham Art | Agnus Dei Art | Angel Art | Annunciation Art |
Celtic Stone Cross Art |
Christian Symbols and Art |
Christmas Art |
Easter Art |
Passion of Christ
by Tissot |
Hebrew-Jewish Art | Holy Week Art | Jacob | Jesus' Ministry Art | Jesus' Teaching Art |
Jesus Portraits and Art | John the Baptist
| John the Apostle
| Lamb of God Art | Last Supper Art | Madonna & Child Art |
Moses and the
Exodus | Names of God Art | OT Misc Art | Psalms Art | Palm Sunday Art | Paul Art and Paintings | Day of Pentecost Art | Peter Art and Paintings |
Prayer Art | Resurrection Art | Revelation Art |
Thanksgiving and Pilgrims Art |
Timothy Art and Paintings
Copyright of artwork. Much, but not all, of the artwork linked to on this site is in the public domain worldwide due to the date of death of its author (if it is was published outside of the U.S. and the author has been dead for over 70 years), or due to its date of publication (if it was first made public in the U.S. before 1923), at least in the United States (see Bridgeman Art Library v. Corel Corp.), in Germany, and in many other countries.
Copyright © 1985-2015, Ralph F. Wilson. <pastorjoyfulheart.com> All rights reserved. A single copy of this article is free. Do not put this on a website. See legal, copyright, and reprint information.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- David, Life of
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ