Root of Jesse, showing Christ and King David, Newcastle Cathedral.
Edward Burne-Jones, "David and Goliath" (1872), Vyner Memorial Window, Christ Church, Oxford, Lady Chapel, designed by Burne-Jones and made by Morris Co. Larger image.
- King David, by Burne-Jones, Yorkshire, Dalton
Edward Burne-Jones, David's Charge to Solomon (1882), Trinity Church, Boston, MA.
Detail of King David and Goliath, Edward Burne-Jones design for Morris & Co. (painted by William Glasby?), St. Barnabas, Bournmoor.
David and Goliath, Vyner Memorial Window, Christ Church, Oxford, Lady Chapel, designed by Burne-Jones and made by Morris Co, 1872.
- David Holding Harp (detail), St. Martin's Church, West Drayton, Middlesex, North aisle 2. Designed by Burne-Jones, figure painted by Titcomb, for Morris & Co., 1925. The cartoon was designed and first used at Forest School Walthamstow in 1877. It was also used at Nottingham High Pavement Chapel 1907; Liverpool St Paul 1909; Boughton 1925.
- David by Sir Ninian Comper in the Lady chapel of Downside Abbey.
- King David Playing the Harp (vertical), South Aisle, Resurrection Window, Church of All Saints, Clumstock, Devon
- King David Playing the Harp, St. Andrew's Church, Cullompton, Devon. West window, Lane Aisle.
- King David (vertical), St. Andrew's Church, Cullompton, Devon. West window, Lane Aisle.
- King David (4 panels), St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh.
- David Is Anointed King, Ely Cathedral
- Fortitude: David Fighting the Bear, North Nave Wall, White Window, panel 1, St. Nicholas, Brushford, Somerset.
- David as Shepherd, St. Mary's, Brampton, Huntingdonshire.
- Compassion, left panel shows David Playing Harp, former Unitarian church in Nottingham.
- David Prevaled over the Philistines, Salisbury Cathedral, David with large sword of Goliath, sling, and goliath slain on the ground. Modern.
- King David, Church of St Mary, Badby, Northamptonshire
- King David, designed by Charles E. Kempe, All Saints parish church in Wing, Buckinghamshire
- David Playing the Harp, Saint Asaph Cathedral, Wales. St. David was a Welsh bishop (c. 500-589), patron saint of Wales.
- Procession with David Carrying the Head of Goliath (detail), Lincoln Cathedral
- David, Moses, and St. John, St. Mary's, Brompton Ralph, Brendon Hills, Somerset
- King David, Church of All Saints, Chipstable, Somerset
- King David, St. Andrew's, Wiveliscombe, S Aisle East
- David, St. Luke's Church, Smithfield, Virginia
- King David, St. Andrew's, Minehead, 1880 designed by G.E. Street, East Window, by C.E. Kempe.
- David with head of Goliath south east window of the apse, and David with Harp, Aspe East window, Church of Saint Mary and Saint David at Kilpeck. by Pevsner, designed by A.W. Pugin in 1849.
Andrea del Verriocchio, David with head of Goliath (c. 1470), bronze, height 126, Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Florence, Italy.
Christian Art and Paintings:
Abraham Art | Agnus Dei Art | Angel Art | Annunciation Art |
Celtic Stone Cross Art |
Christian Symbols and Art |
Christmas Art |
Easter Art |
Passion of Christ
by Tissot |
Hebrew-Jewish Art | Holy Week Art | Jacob | Jesus' Ministry Art | Jesus' Teaching Art |
Jesus Portraits and Art | John the Baptist
| John the Apostle
| Lamb of God Art | Last Supper Art | Madonna & Child Art |
Moses and the
Exodus | Names of God Art | OT Misc Art | Psalms Art | Palm Sunday Art | Paul Art and Paintings | Day of Pentecost Art | Peter Art and Paintings |
Prayer Art | Resurrection Art | Revelation Art |
Thanksgiving and Pilgrims Art |
Timothy Art and Paintings
Copyright of artwork. Much, but not all, of the artwork linked to on this site is in the public domain worldwide due to the date of death of its author (if it is was published outside of the U.S. and the author has been dead for over 70 years), or due to its date of publication (if it was first made public in the U.S. before 1923), at least in the United States (see Bridgeman Art Library v. Corel Corp.), in Germany, and in many other countries.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format -- currently 48 books in the JesusWalk Bible Study Series.
- Abraham, Faith of
- Jacob, Life of
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- David, Life of
- Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134)
- 28 Advent Scriptures (Messianic)
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Christmas Incarnation (Mt, Lk)
- Sermon on the Mount (Mt 5-7)
- Luke's Gospel
- John's Gospel
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Romans 5-8 (Christ-Powered Life)
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Colossians, Philemon
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 &2 Timothy, Titus
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper: Disciple's Guide
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus