Jesus' Parables for Disciples
Moses the Reluctant Leader
Leadership and Discipleship Lessons
and Bible Study Commentary for Personal Devotional Use, Small Groups or Sunday
School Classes, and Sermon Preparation for Pastors and Teachers
Moses pioneered a Spirit-led leadership paradigm that Christian leaders do well to emulate today.
Moses didn't want to be a leader. He had been raised as a prince of Egypt, but now at 80, he was content to be a simple shepherd, watching sheep on the slopes of Sinai. Then, God spoke from the burning bush and Moses' world changed.
How do you lead a multitude of people through impossible situations, badgered by a storm of criticism from within the camp, and threatened by deadly peril from without? Moses the reluctant leader has much to teach both disciples and leaders today.
This Bible study leads you through Moses' life covering several chapters in each lesson so you can see the big picture. It slows down, however, to examine key passages in Exodus and Numbers that give insight into God's instruction to Moses. One lesson surveys the tabernacle, the priesthood, and the sacrifices that God revealed through Moses.
This book explores Moses' life in 9 lessons that can be used for personal enrichment, by small groups and classes, and by teachers and preachers for sermon preparation.
Here's the abbreviated table of contents of this 200-page book:
- Introduction to the Moses and the Exodus
- The Birth and Call of Moses (Exodus 1-4)
- Finding Courage to Stand (Exodus 5-11)
- Passover and Crossing the Red Sea (Exodus 12-15)
- Grumbling, Conflict, and Delegation (Exodus 15-18)
- The Covenant at Mount Sinai (Exodus 19-24)
- The Golden Calf and Moses' Intercession (Exodus 32-34)
- The Tabernacle, Priesthood, and Sacrifices (Exodus 20-31, 35-40; Leviticus 1-17; Numbers 6-10)
- Rebellion against Moses' Leadership (Numbers 11-17)
- Conquering the Transjordan and Moses' Death (Numbers 20-27; Deuteronomy 32, 34)
- Epilogue: Moses' Leadership Legacy
- Appendix 1. Participant Handouts for Classes & Groups
- Appendix 2. The Route of the Exodus
- Appendix 3. References to Moses in the New Testament
Participant lesson handouts can be downloaded and printed for your group or class at no charge.
and well researched study." - Albert Atoa
The book is available in both paperback and e-book formats.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format -- currently 48 books in the JesusWalk Bible Study Series.
- Abraham, Faith of
- Jacob, Life of
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- David, Life of
- Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134)
- 28 Advent Scriptures (Messianic)
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Christmas Incarnation (Mt, Lk)
- Sermon on the Mount (Mt 5-7)
- Luke's Gospel
- John's Gospel
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Romans 5-8 (Christ-Powered Life)
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Colossians, Philemon
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 &2 Timothy, Titus
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper: Disciple's Guide
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus