Jesus' Parables for Disciples
Lamb of God
|A 111-page book providing a 5-week Bible study on Jesus as the Lamb of God (Agnus Dei), focusing on themes of redemption and atonement from sin through Christ's sacrifice on the cross.|
John the Baptist said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"
These words summarize Jesus' mission and help us understand the significance of his death and resurrection. Through this study you will come to appreciate Jesus' atonement in a new way.
Chapters include an in-depth study of Jesus as a Lamb sacrificed for our sins, the amazing prophecy of Christ as the Lamb in Isaiah 53, redemption through the blood of the Lamb, Christ as our Passover Lamb, and the Lamb on the throne in the Book of Revelation.
The book contains a wealth of background information, as well as questions for thought or discussion and key verses for meditation. These five lessons can be used for personal enrichment, Lenten Bible studies by small groups and classes, and by teachers and preachers for sermon preparation.
Pastors and teachers will find a great deal of material to serve as grist for lessons and sermons. This is an ideal Lenten series leading up to Good Friday and Easter.
- Behold, the Lamb of God - Basic Concepts of Sacrifice (John 1:29)
- The Lamb Who Took Our Place (Isaiah 53)
- The Lamb Who Redeems Us from Slavery (1 Peter 1:18-19)
- The Passover Lamb of Whom We Partake (1 Corinthians 5:7)
- The Triumphant Lamb We Worship (Revelation 5:1-14)
A detailed table of contents can be viewed here.
Participant Notes are available online to distribute in your group or class and can reprinted at no charge.
Lamb of God: Jesus' Atonement for Sin on YouTube, with Dr. Wilson teaching the five lessons in 25-minute sessions, with pauses for group discussion. 1. Behold the Lamb of God (John 1:29), 2. The Lamb Who Took Our Place (Isaiah 53), 3. The Lamb Who Redeems Us from Slavery (1 Peter 1:18-19); 4. The Passover Lamb of Whom We Partake (1 Corinthians 5:7), 5. The Triumphant Lamb We Worship (Revelation 5:1-14). The DVD is out of print, but these videos are free for you to use for your class, group, or church via YouTube.
|"Appreciated by our four small groups who used it. It was thorough and stimulated good discussion."|
You can purchase this book in paperback, Kindle, or PDF formats.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format -- currently 48 books in the JesusWalk Bible Study Series.
- Abraham, Faith of
- Jacob, Life of
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- David, Life of
- Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134)
- 28 Advent Scriptures (Messianic)
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Christmas Incarnation (Mt, Lk)
- Sermon on the Mount (Mt 5-7)
- Luke's Gospel
- John's Gospel
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Romans 5-8 (Christ-Powered Life)
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Colossians, Philemon
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 &2 Timothy, Titus
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper: Disciple's Guide
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus