Jesus' Parables for Disciples
The Glorious Kingdom
by Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
A Disciple's Guide to Kingdom Glory and Authority
It's easy to say, "Oh, yes, the Kingdom of God must be glorious. Ho hum."
The problem is that the concept of the Kingdom of God is pretty nebulous to the modern Christian. And the idea of glory is even fuzzier. Yet, the concepts of Kingdom and glory run throughout the Bible -- especially the New Testament.
When you start probing the twin themes of glory and kingdom in Scripture and begin to connect the dots, the implications to the disciple can be life-changing.
This Biblical study traces the themes of glory and Kingdom throughout the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. Chapters focus on glory in the tabernacle in the wilderness, Daniel's prophecy of "a son of man," Jesus' teaching on the Son of Man and the Kingdom of God, how beholding God's glory transforms a believer, how God's glory and authority in a believer are intended to bring the Kingdom to earth, Christ's return in glory, and the final state of glory for the Bride.
This book is intended for study as well as instruction, presented in six lessons. Helpful thought and discussion questions make it useful for personal enrichment and by small groups and classes. Extensive research contained in the footnotes makes it a goldmine for teachers and a boon to preachers involved in sermon preparation.
All in all, this rich study will challenge Christian believers to rethink and reexamine their Bibles and their way of living.
Here's the outline.
Participant lesson handouts
in PDF format can be downloaded and printed for your group or class at no
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format -- currently 48 books in the JesusWalk Bible Study Series.
- Abraham, Faith of
- Jacob, Life of
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- David, Life of
- Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134)
- 28 Advent Scriptures (Messianic)
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Christmas Incarnation (Mt, Lk)
- Sermon on the Mount (Mt 5-7)
- Luke's Gospel
- John's Gospel
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Romans 5-8 (Christ-Powered Life)
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Colossians, Philemon
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 &2 Timothy, Titus
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper: Disciple's Guide
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus