Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Acts 1-12: The Early Church
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
Conquering Lamb of Revelation
David, Life of
Glorious Kingdom, The
Early Church: Acts1-12
Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Listening for God's Voice
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
Sermon on the Mount
Songs of Ascent (Ps 120-135)
Dr. Wilson's Books
Hebrew-Jewish Art and Paintings
Marc Chagall (Russian-born French painter, 1887-1985), "The Praying Jew" (1923, copy of 1914 work), oil on canvas, 116.8 x 89.4 cm, Art Institute of Chicago. Larger image.
- Old Rabbi (1642), oil on wood, Museum of Fine Arts, Budapest
- Portrait of an Old Man (The Rabbi, 1664-65)
Andre Martins de Barros, The Rabbi (15x18 in), contemporary artist
Abel Pann (1883-1963), Rabbi (1913), sepia on paper mounted on cardboard, 51x39 cm
Martina Shapiro, "Portrait of the Rebbe" (2004), oil on canvas, 24x30. Portrait of the Lubavitcher Rebbe - Menachem Mendel Schneerson. Another (2000).
Alton S. Tobey (1917-, Rabbi, oil on canvas, 35 x 27.5.
Otto Eichinger (Austrian painter), Rabbi, oil on canvas, 25.4x20.3
Marc Chagall (Russian-born French painter, 1887-1985)
- The Rabbi (1922)
- Solitude (1933), shows rabbi with Torah on left.
- The Pinch of Snuff Rabbi
- Rabbi with Thora
- The Praying Jew (Rabbi of Vitebsk), 1914
- The Praying Jew (1923, copy of 1914 work), oil on canvas, 116.8 x 89.4 cm, Art Institute of Chicago. Larger image.
Hyram Bloom, Rabbi with Torah (c. 1955). Danforth Museum of Art. Oil on canvas, 72x54 in. Another.
Hyman Bloom, Old Man with Torah (1999), Rabbi with Torah (1999)
Simeon Solomon (1840-1905), Rabbi Reading the Torah
Debbie L. Weiss, Torah Procession, contemporary artist
Collections of Jewish Art
Moses and the Law
Rembrandt. Moses Smashing the Tables of the Law (1659). Oil on canvas. Gemäldegalerie, Berlin, Germany.
Laurent de La Hyre, Moses and the Tablets of the Law
Paintings Realted to the Letter to the Hebrews
Tissot, James Jacques Joseph (French artist, 1836-1902), Moses Sees the Promised Land From Afar (1896-1900), Watercolor. 11 3/4 x 6 7/8 in. The Jewish Museum, New York, NY, U.S.A.
Keywords: Sephardic, Ashkenazi, Mizrahi, Hebrew art, Jewish art
Copyright © 2023, Ralph F. Wilson. <pastorjoyfulheart.com> All rights reserved. A single copy of this article is free. Do not put this on a website. See legal, copyright, and reprint information.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- 28 Advent Scriptures
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Apostle Paul
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- Conquering Lamb of Revelation
- David, Life of
- Early Church: Acts 1-12
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Songs of Ascent (Ps 120-134)
My books are available in paperback and Kindle from Amazon.