Jesus' Parables for Disciples
Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Acts 1-12: The Early Church
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
Conquering Lamb of Revelation
David, Life of
Glorious Kingdom, The
Early Church: Acts1-12
Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Listening for God's Voice
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
Sermon on the Mount
Songs of Ascent (Ps 120-135)
Series 1. Jesus' Early and Galilean Ministries (part 1; Luke 3:1-6:49)
You'll start at the very beginning of Jesus' ministry -- with John the Baptist's revival along the Jordan River and his call for repentance. We'll study Jesus' temptation and his stated mission based on Isaiah 61:1-2 to "preach good new to the poor," provide freedom for the prisoners, recovery of sight for the blind, and release for the oppressed.
Then we explore his early ministry of healing, casting out demons, and then calling his disciples. As Jesus starts to heal on the Sabbath, he attract increasing opposition from the Pharisees -- and eventually the religious leaders from Jerusalem who travel to Galilee. This section concludes with Luke's "Sermon on the Plain" -- blessings and woes, loving your enemies, and forgiving again and again. We see Parables of the Wise and Foolish Builders, New Wine in Old Wineskins, etc. Jesus' lessons for his disciples begin here.
Sign up now!
Note that the purpose of this study is to train you as a disciple, not to "cover lots of material rapidly." To change your heart takes time. It is a process. You can't rush it, even if you try. This material is deep and takes time to absorb and respond to. Nevertheless, you have a choice of frequency. -- Pastor Ralph
To sign up, start by clicking on your e-mail frequency preference:
If you need to go faster, all the lessons are online for your reading. But mere reading doesn't equal heart change required in discipleship.
There is no cost to participate in the study, though donations are encouraged so we can create more studies and reach more people.
We respect your privacy and never sell, rent, or loan our lists. Please don't subscribe your friends; let them decide for themselves.
Please don't sign up for more than one of my Bible studies at one time. There's no penalty, but each of them is pretty intensive. If you try to do too many studies at the same time without adequate reflection, you'll miss out on God speaking to you.
Jesus and John: Early Ministry (Luke 3:1-4:13)
- A Voice Calling "Prepare" (3:1-6). Audio (16:26)
- Produce the Fruit of Repentance (3:7-14). Audio (15:37)
- Baptized with the Holy Spirit and Fire (3:15-18).
Essay: Spirit Baptism, the New Birth, and Speaking in Tongues. Audio ()
- Baptism of Jesus and Anointing with the Holy Spirit (3:18-23a).
Genealogy (3:23b-38, not included)
- Jesus' Temptation (4:1-13). Audio (27:26)
Jesus' Galilean Ministry (part 1) (4:14-6:49)
- Jesus' Commission (4:14-20a). Audio (31:41)
- Rejection at Nazareth (4:20b-30). Audio (13:20)
- Confronting Demons at Capernaum (4:31-37, 41).
Essay: Demonization and Deliverance in Jesus' Ministry. Audio (19:09)
- Healing the Sick at Capernaum (4:38-44).
Essay: Introduction to Textual Criticism. Audio (12:56)
- The Call of Peter, James, and John (5:1-11).
Short Story: Catch and Release (based on Luke 1:5-11). Audio (7:51). Tells the story of the call of Peter and Andrew with the miraculous catch of fish, and the promise that in the future they will be fishers of men, literally, "take men alive," from the unique Greek verb used: zōgreō.
- The Will to Make Lepers Whole (5:12-16). Audio (17:55)
- Healing the Paralyzed Man (5:17-26).
Essay: Religious Leaders in Jesus' Day. Audio (4:35)
Essay: Son of Man. Audio (4:15)
- Calling Levi the Tax Collector (5:27-32). Audio (21:02)
- New Wine in Old Wineskins (5:33-39). Audio (19:37)
- Lord of the Sabbath (6:1-11). Audio (18:08)
- Selection of the Twelve Apostles (6:12-19). Audio (25:01)
- Blessings and Woes (6:20-26). Audio (30:33)
- Love Your Enemies (6:27-36). Audio (28:24)
- Forgiveness over Judgment (6:37-42). Audio (25:34)
- Good Tree, Good Fruit, Good Foundation (Luke 6:43-49). Audio (14:30)
Lessons compiled in 805-page book in paperback, Kindle, & PDF.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- 28 Advent Scriptures
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Apostle Paul
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- Conquering Lamb of Revelation
- David, Life of
- Early Church: Acts 1-12
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Songs of Ascent (Ps 120-134)