Jesus' Parables for Disciples
Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Acts 1-12: The Early Church
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
Conquering Lamb of Revelation
David, Life of
Glorious Kingdom, The
Early Church: Acts1-12
Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Listening for God's Voice
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
Sermon on the Mount
Songs of Ascent (Ps 120-135)
Series 3. Jesus' Judean Ministry (part 1; Luke 9:57-15:10)
Now Luke's focus shifts from Galilee south to the towns and villages of Judea, as "Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem" (Luke 9:51). We probe the costs of being a true disciple that challenges us to whole-hearted commitment. Jesus sends out 70 of his disciples two by two to learn to preach and heal, with very specific instructions on how to approach this with dynamic faith. We study:
- The fall of Satan
- The Parable of the Good Samaritan
- Mary and Martha, and the lesson of prioritizing time with Jesus over work
- The Lord's Prayer and other lessons on persistent prayer to "overcome the strong man."
- The Parable of the Rich Fool with its powerful lesson on the deceitfulness of riches.
- Warnings against hypocrisy and a religion that is more outward than inward.
- The Parable of the Lost Sheep, about Jesus' priority for finding and rescuing the lost.
- and much, much more.
We also begin to see Jesus' teaching on preparing our hearts for the End Times. Sign up today to continue your training as an authentic disciple of Jesus.
26 Lessons (Lessons 41-66)
Lessons compiled in 805-page book in paperback, Kindle, & PDF.
The Priority of Following Jesus (9:57-62).
Essay: Introduction to Textual Criticism. Audio (12:56)
- The Harvest is Plentiful but the Laborers Few (10:1-8). Audio (27:35)
- The Thin Line between Receiving and Rejecting (10:5-16). Audio (29:21)
- I Saw Satan Fall from Heaven (10:17-20). Audio (22:12)
- Joy Inspired by the Holy Spirit (Luke 10:20-24). Audio (22:30)
- The Good Samaritan (10:25-37). Audio (28:39)
- Mary Listens while Martha Labors (10:38-42). Audio (18:02)
- The Lord's Prayer (11:1-4). Audio (22:19)
- Ask, Seek, Knock in Your Praying (11:5-13). Audio (21:29)
- Overpowering the Strong Man (11:14-28). Audio (29:36)
- Good Eyes, Bad Eyes (11:29-36). Audio (18:25)
- Woe to the Pharisees (11:37-44). Audio (23:34)
- Guard Against Hypocrisy (11:45-12:3). Audio (25:31)
- Preparing for Martyrdom and Judgment (12:4-12). Audio (28:39)
- Parable of the Rich Fool (12:13-21). Audio (24:48)
- Winning the War against Worry (Luke 12:22-34). Audio (26:38)
- Watching for the Master, Waiting for the Thief (12:35-40). Audio (20:18)
- Faithful Head Servants (12:41-48). Audio (19:55)
- Repent before Judgment Falls (Luke 12:49-13:9). Audio (25:32)
- Healing the Woman with a Bent Back (13:10-17). Audio (23:18)
- Mustard Seeds, Yeast, and Discouragement (13:18-21). Audio (12:22)
- Strive to Enter the Narrow Door (Luke 13:22-35). Audio (24:47)
- Presuming Places of Honor (14:1-14). Audio (20:43)
- Parable of the Great Banquet (14:12-24). Audio (19:45)
- Cost of Discipleship (14:25-35). Audio (19:35)
- Parables of the Lost Sheep and Coin (15:1-10). Audio (16:04)
Sign up form
Please don't sign up for this Series unless you have already completed Series 1 (Luke 3:1-6:49), which traces Jesus' ministry from his baptism by John the Baptist to part-way through Jesus' Galilean ministry. To skip that is a mistake, since many of the "discipleship lessons" by which Jesus trains his disciples are shared in Series 1. This study is designed to mirror Jesus' discipling in Luke's Gospel.
Note that the purpose of this study is to train you as a disciple, not to "cover lots of material rapidly." To change your heart takes time. It is a process. You can't rush it, even if you try. This material is deep and takes time to absorb and respond to. Nevertheless, you have a choice of frequency.
However, if you need to subscribe to this Series, you may do so below.
-- Pastor Ralph
To sign up, start by clicking on your e-mail frequency preference:
If you need to go faster, all the lessons are online for your reading. But mere reading doesn't equal heart change required in discipleship.
There is no cost to participate in the study, though donations are encouraged so we can create more studies and reach more people.
We respect your privacy and never sell, rent, or loan our lists. Please don't subscribe your friends; let them decide for themselves.
Please don't sign up for more than one of my Bible studies at one time. There's no penalty, but each of them is pretty intensive. If you try to do too many studies at the same time without adequate reflection, you'll miss out on God speaking to you.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- 28 Advent Scriptures
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Apostle Paul
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- Conquering Lamb of Revelation
- David, Life of
- Early Church: Acts 1-12
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Songs of Ascent (Ps 120-134)