Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Acts 1-12: The Early Church
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
Conquering Lamb of Revelation
David, Life of
Glorious Kingdom, The
Early Church: Acts1-12
Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Listening for God's Voice
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
Sermon on the Mount
Songs of Ascent (Ps 120-135)
Series 4. Jesus' Judean Ministry (part 2) and Jesus in Jerusalem (Luke 15:11-21:36)
As Jesus moves toward Jerusalem we see his teaching increase, along with his opposition. In these lessons we'll examine with care the message of a number of familiar parables and incidents:
- Parable of the Prodigal Son -- a story of a father's love, and an inability for the stay-at-home son to enjoy intimacy with his father.
- The Thankful Leper -- one who wasn't so interested in the healing as the Healer.
- Parable of the Persistent Widow -- who models for us unremitting prayer in faith.
- The Rich Young Ruler -- who chooses his comfortable life over close fellowship with Jesus.
- The Parable of the Minas -- to servants to who much is given, much is expected.
- The Triumphal Entry -- Jesus' bitter-sweet entry into the city that ultimately rejects him.
- The Widow's Mite -- a powerful lesson in sacrificial and proportional giving.
Included are several teachings on the Second Coming of Jesus with power and great glory and an admonition to watch and pray. Sign up here to keep learning at Jesus' feet.
(27 Lessons, Lessons 67-93)
- Parable of the Prodigal Son (15:11-24). Audio (22:02)
- Parable of the Elder Brother (15:25-32). Audio (15:27)
- Parable of the Dishonest Steward (16:1-15). Audio (26:28)
- Pressing Forcibly into the Kingdom (16:16-18). Audio (16:25)
- The Rich Man and Lazarus (16:19-31). Audio (18:58)
- Sin, Forgiveness, and Faith (17:1-6). Audio (19:36)
- Dutiful Servants (17:7-10). Audio (16:32)
- The Thankful Leper (17:11-19). Audio (22:22)
- The Kingdom in Your Midst (17:20-21). Audio (15:25)
- One Is Taken, the Other Left (Luke 17:26-37). Audio (18:35)
- The Widow and the Unjust Judge (18:1-8). Audio (18:54)
- The Pharisee and the Tax Collector (18:9-14). Audio (16:42)
- Little Children Come to Jesus (18:15-17). Audio (12:46)
- The Rich Young Ruler (18:18-23). Audio (22:50)
- Leaving All to Follow (Luke 18:24-34). Audio (16:56)
- A Blind Man's Insight and Insistence (Luke 18:35-43). Audio (16:35)
- Saving Zacchaeus (19:1-10). Audio (18:35)
- Parable of the Minas or Pounds (19:11-27). Audio (20:54)
Jesus in Jerusalem (Luke 19:28-21:36)
- The Triumphal Entry (19:28-40). Audio (18:21)
- Weeping Over Jerusalem and Cleansing the Temple (19:41 - 20:8). Audio (20:50)
- Parable of the Tenants and the Vineyard (20:9-19). Audio (17:03)
- Rendering to Caesar and to God (20:20-26). Audio (14:01)
- Marriage, Resurrection, and the Christ (Luke 20:27-44). Audio (17:08)
- The Poor Widow's Offering (20:45-21:4). Audio (19:24)
- Nation Shall Rise against Nation (21:5-19).
Essay: Introduction to Eschatology. Audio (12:48)
- Coming with Power and Great Glory (21:20-27). Audio (15:34)
- Watch and Pray (21:28-36). Audio (22:55)
Sign up form
Please don't sign up for this Series unless you have already completed Series 1 (Luke 3:1-6:49), which traces Jesus' ministry from his baptism by John the Baptist to part-way through Jesus' Galilean ministry. To skip that is a mistake, since many of the "discipleship lessons" by which Jesus trains his disciples are shared in Series 1. This study is designed to mirror Jesus' discipling in Luke's Gospel.
Note that the purpose of this study is to train you as a disciple, not to "cover lots of material rapidly." To change your heart takes time. It is a process. You can't rush it, even if you try. This material is deep and takes time to absorb and respond to. Nevertheless, you have a choice of frequency.
However, if you need to subscribe to this Series, you may do so below.
-- Pastor Ralph
To sign up, start by clicking on your e-mail frequency preference:
If you need to go faster, all the lessons are online for your reading. But mere reading doesn't equal heart change required in discipleship.
There is no cost to participate in the study, though donations are encouraged so we can create more studies and reach more people.
We respect your privacy and never sell, rent, or loan our lists. Please don't subscribe your friends; let them decide for themselves.
Please don't sign up for more than one of my Bible studies at one time. There's no penalty, but each of them is pretty intensive. If you try to do too many studies at the same time without adequate reflection, you'll miss out on God speaking to you.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- 28 Advent Scriptures
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Apostle Paul
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- Conquering Lamb of Revelation
- David, Life of
- Early Church: Acts 1-12
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Songs of Ascent (Ps 120-134)