Conquering Lamb of Revelation
Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
David, Life of
Glorious Kingdom, The
Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Listening for God's Voice
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
Sermon on the Mount
Conquering Lamb of Revelation
24 Brief Devotional Studies
The Lamb in the Book of Revelation is a powerful, commanding, conquering figure, not the weak, docile, submissive persona you usually associate with a lamb. And while "lamb" refers to Jesus occurs only four times in the rest of the New Testament, the Lamb appears 27 times in Revelation as a symbol for Jesus Christ, many more times than any other name or title for Jesus in Revelation -- including "Jesus," "Christ," and "Jesus Christ." That's startling!
This Lamb of Revelation is mighty, militant, conquering, triumphant, rendering judgment -- and a perplexing and glorious paradox. He:
- Is slain but standing,
- The Lamb and the Lion,
- Shares the throne with his Father,
- Is the Shepherd who leads his people to living waters, and
- Is the Warrior who conquerors the devil.
I invite you to join me as we explore the Lamb of Revelation in a series of brief daily devotions over the next twenty-four days, one meditation each day via e-mail.
Tim McClure, Agnus Dei Stained Glass Window.
This will be different than a devotional guide you may be used to. They're longer. They are more like mini-studies -- some short, some longer, but all short enough to read within a few minutes. So plan to set aside a bit more time each day for the next 24 days. Each day's lesson contains enough research that you can meditate more deeply on each one, and even use it as the basis for a devotional message or sermon, if God so leads. Each devotion concludes with a prayer, a meditation question, and has a link to an audio version.
Each day of this series, I'll put the day's verse in brief context with what is going on in that section of Revelation. However, please don't expect me to explain the overall Book of Revelation in this series, or e-mail me for answers to questions of that sort.
For those questions I refer you to my study Book of Revelation: Discipleship Lessons, either in book form, or an e-mail-delivered study. Here are the daily meditations in this series on the Conquering Lamb of Revelation.
- The Lamb in God's Awesome Throne Room (Revelation 4; 5:6)
- The Lamb, the Conquering Lion (Revelation 5:5)
- The Lamb Who Is Slain (Revelation 5:6)
- The Lamb Who Opens the Seals (Revelation 5:1-8; 6:1)
- A New Song to the Redeeming Lamb (Revelation 5:7-10)
- Worthy Is the Lamb (Revelation 5:11-14)
- The Wrath of the Lamb (Revelation 6:15-17; 14:9-11)
- The Great Multitude Praising the Lamb (Revelation 7:9-12)
- Washed in the Blood of the Lamb (Revelation 7:13-14)
- The Lamb Who Is Our Shepherd (Revelation 7:15-17)
- Overcoming by the Blood of the Lamb (Revelation 12:11)
- The Lamb's Book of Life (Revelation 13:7-8)
- Sealed with the Name of the Lamb (Revelation 14:1)
- Following the Lamb Wherever He Goes (Revelation 14:4-5)
- The Song of the Lamb (Revelation 15:2-4)
- The Warrior Lamb, Mighty in Battle (Revelation 17:14)
- The Marriage Supper of the Lamb (Revelation 19:6-9)
- The Lamb's Book of Life Is Opened (Revelation 20:11-15)
- Heavenly Zion and the Bride of the Lamb (Revelation 21:9-10)
- The Twelve Apostles of the Lamb (Revelation 21:14)
- The Lamb Who Is the Temple (Revelation 21:22)
- The Lamb Who Is the Lamp (Revelation 21:23-25)
- Healing River from the Throne of the Lamb (Revelation 22:1-2)
- We Shall See His Face (Revelation 22:3-5)
You'll find the three-and-a-half weeks of this study a very rich time of gazing on the Conquering Lamb of Revelation. And as you're faithful to pause for the meditation of the day, day after day, you'll begin to experience the cumulative effect of all these passages, and begin to see Jesus in a new, faith-filled way. It's my prayer that through these meditations, you'll come to appreciate and trust Jesus more deeply, and give your life to him more fully.
- Reprint Guidelines
- References and Abbreviations
- Appendix 1. Names and Titles of Christ in Revelation
- Detailed Table of Contents (book formats)
- Lamb of God Agnus Dei Artwork and Paintings
Available in PDF, and Kindle formats,
Here's how we'll study together.
- Each day I'll send you a daily devotion based on one of the passages speaking of the Lamb in the Book of Revelation.
- You can respond to the discussion questions using the Joyful Heart Bible Study Forum -- and read others' answers to reinforce your own understanding.
- With day's meditation you'll receive a link to a 8 to 15 minute audio teaching with me reading the lesson. Some who learn better from hearing than from reading really appreciate this.
If you sign up now, you'll receive the instructions and preface immediately. You'll receive the first lesson tomorrow, and then each day for the next 24 successive days. There is absolutely no charge for these e-mail lessons.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- Conquering Lamb of Revelation
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Apostle Paul
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- David, Life of
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ