Rebuild & Renew: The Post-Exilic Books
Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
David, Life of
Glorious Kingdom, The
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Sermon on the Mount
Jesus and the Kingdom of God
Please do me a favor right now: Please bookmark the main Jesus and the Kingdom Bible Study page so you can find it again easily.
Jesus' parables centered on the nature of the Kingdom of God. His first public message was, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
But what is this kingdom that Jesus taught? What is it really? How does it relate to your own life?
We're exploring Jesus and the Kingdom of God in a 10-week Bible study. As of Nov 13, 2010, 6,468 people from 148 countries had signed up to be part of this.
Here's an outline of the topics and passages we'll study together:
- Preparing for the Kingdom (Matthew 3:1-17; 4:17)
- Fertile Soil for the Kingdom (Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23)
- Pressing into the Kingdom (Matthew 6:24, 33; 7:7-8; 11:12)
- The Present and Future Kingdom (Luke 17:20-37)
- The Costliness of the Kingdom (Matthew 13:44-46; Mark 10:17-24)
- The Spirit and the Kingdom (John 3:1-21)
- Forgiveness in the Kingdom (Matthew 18:21-35; 6:9-15)
- The Narrowness and Breadth of the Kingdom (Luke 13:18-30)
- Serving in the Kingdom (Matthew 25:14-30)
- The Call to the Kingdom (Luke 14:12-24; 9:57-62)
"Scripture passages that were once impossible for me to
understand are now working their way into my daily life." -- Connie Hurd|
"One of the best in-depth studies I've seen." -- Dan Marling
"It was like the Word jumped off the page at me." -- Debbe Nelson, Children's Pastor
"Both scripturally solid and thoughtful." -- Ed Cochran
"Simple to understand yet profound in content." -- Neiva Garcia, Bible study leader
"Pulls you into the Bible and gets you to seek the Lord." -- Floyd Westervelt
"The parables were explained so thoroughly and clearly!" -- Jim Mort
"Informative, uplifting, spiritually satisfying." -- Jesus Canon, Jr.
"A great way to grow in faith." -- LaVerne Ombadykow
"The entire study strengthened my faith in a remarkable way." -- Nicholas Antaki
"I was a dry Christian just going through the motions, but now I am alive again in Him. Thank you for such a powerful study." -- Sheila Small
"A powerful tool for the Holy Spirit in leading me to a breakthrough. Each day I felt conviction as Dr. Wilson's insights opened doors within me for deeper understanding -- not in the intellect but in my heart." -- Susan Joy
Here's how we'll study together.
. Then you'll
read the Bible passage and use my notes to help you understand it better.
- If you sign up for the daily questions version, on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday you'll receive a question from that week's lesson to think about and answer. This is designed as a "total immersion" approach to Bible study, since I believe God wants to use these lessons to work real and permanent change in your life. (You can opt out of the daily questions if you like, however, and just receive the weekly lessons.) You'll be thinking about these passages constantly over these weeks -- long enough for God to work his Word into your life and lifestyle.
- You can respond to the questions and exercises using the Joyful Heart Bible Study Forum -- and read others'answers to reinforce your own understanding.
The book is now available in e-book format and paperback formats.
- Then on Saturday, I'll send you the next week's lesson.
Sign up now!
To sign up, start by clicking on your e-mail frequency preference:
You'll receive your first lesson the Friday after you sign up. There is no cost to participate in the study, though donations are encouraged so we can create more studies and reach more people.
We respect your privacy and never sell, rent, or loan our lists. Please don't subscribe your friends; let them decide for themselves.
Please don't sign up for more than one of my Bible studies at one time. There's no penalty, but each of them is pretty intensive. If you try to do too many studies at the same time without adequate reflection, you'll miss out on God speaking to you.
Copyright © 1985-2017, Ralph F. Wilson. <pastorjoyfulheart.com> All rights reserved. A single copy of this article is free. Do not put this on a website. See legal, copyright, and reprint information.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- The Glorious Kingdom
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- David, Life of
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ