Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134
Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
Conquering Lamb of Revelation
David, Life of
Glorious Kingdom, The
Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Listening for God's Voice
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
Sermon on the Mount
The Glorious Kingdom
by Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
A Disciple's Guide to Kingdom Glory and Authority
It's easy to say, "Oh, yes, the Kingdom of God must be glorious. Ho hum."
The problem is that the concept of the Kingdom of God is pretty nebulous to the modern Christian. And the idea of glory is even fuzzier. Yet, the concepts of Kingdom and glory run throughout the Bible -- especially the New Testament.
When you start probing the twin themes of glory and kingdom in Scripture and begin to connect the dots, the implications of glory and the Kingdom to the disciple are life-changing. That's the path on which I invite you to join me.
This study of the Glorious Kingdom begins with Moses experience of God's glory at Mount Sinai and the building of the Tabernacle in the Wilderness, a portable dwelling of the King in the midst of his people Israel.
Then we examine Jesus' relation to the glory and authority God's Kingdom from Daniel's prophecy of the Son of Man. Then to the Glorious Kingdom in Jesus' life and ministry, and including the glory of his death and resurrection. Next we consider how beholding God's glory changes us, and how we have authority in the Kingdom to rule and reign in our present life. Finally, we examine Christ's exalted glory at his return and the absolute glory of the Church, his Bride.
All in all, this is a rich, 6-lesson study that will challenge you to rethink and reexamine your Bible.
Available in PDF and Kindle formats
As I hummed and worshipped, meditated and theologized during the summer of 2016, I found myself longing to know and experience the Shekinah glory of Jesus in a new way. I've become convinced that this Glorious Kingdom is meant to both attract and engage us at the deepest levels of our spirits in the rule of the Kingdom in our spheres of influence.
Suggestion: This study is not designed for new Christians, since it requires background that you probably don't have yet. If you're new in the faith, you'd do better to pursue my online study of the Gospel of Luke or the Gospel of John. Though if you want to try -- go ahead.
I hope you'll join me on this journey closer to the heart of God.
-- Pastor Ralph (About the Author)
I encourage you to sign up for this study that will begin the Friday, January 27, 2016 and will last for 6 weeks. Sign up now so you don't forget -- and invite your friends to do the same.
- Each Saturday I'll e-mail you the lesson for the week . Then you'll read the Bible passage and use my notes to help you understand it better. The weekly lesson includes all the discussion questions for the week.
- If you sign up for the daily questions version, on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday you'll receive a question from that week's lesson to think about and answer. This is designed as a "total immersion" approach to Bible study, since I believe God wants to use these lessons to work real and permanent change in your life. (You can opt out of the daily questions if you like, however, and just receive the weekly lessons.) You'll be thinking about these passages constantly over these weeks -- long enough for God to work his Word into your life and lifestyle.
- You can respond to the questions and exercises using the Joyful Heart Bible Study Forum -- and read others' answers to reinforce your own understanding.
- With each lesson you'll receive a link to a 20- to 30-minute audio teaching that sums up the passage you've been studying that week. Some who learn better from hearing than from reading really appreciate this.
- Then on Saturday, I'll send you the next week's lesson.
If you plan to use this study as the basis of a class or small group, feel free to download the free participant handout guides.
Sign up now!
To sign up, start by clicking on your e-mail frequency preference:
You'll receive your first lesson the Friday after you sign up. There is no cost to participate in the study, though donations are encouraged so we can create more studies and reach more people.
We respect your privacy and never sell, rent, or loan our lists. Please don't subscribe your friends; let them decide for themselves.
Please don't sign up for more than one of my Bible studies at one time. There's no penalty, but each of them is pretty intensive. If you try to do too many studies at the same time without adequate reflection, you'll miss out on God speaking to you.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- Songs of Ascent (Ps 120-134)
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Apostle Paul
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- Conquering Lamb of Revelation
- David, Life of
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ