Apostle Paul: Passionate Discipleship
Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
David, Life of
Glorious Kingdom, The
Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Listening for God's Voice
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
Sermon on the Mount
Discipleship Lessons from Colossians and Philemon
Christ Is Supreme!
Please do me a favor right now: Please bookmark the main Colossians Bible Study page so you can find it again easily.
Have you ever been tempted to turn away from a spiritual devotion to Christ himself to a more structured, "religious" approach, one with rules that help give you assurance that you're being truly "spiritual"?
Colossians provides us a powerful look at who Jesus Christ actually is, in all his glory and majesty. Jesus is all we need! As we grasp that powerful truth, our Christian lives become anchored, our behavior becomes more Christ-like, and our ministries become more effective.
Here's the outline:
- Reprint Guidelines
- References and Abbreviations
- Participant Handouts for classes and small groups (PDF)
- A Prayer for the Colossian Believers (1:1-14)
- The Supremacy of Christ (1:15-19)
- Christ the Reconciler (1:20-23)
- Paul's Labors for the Church (1:24-2:5)
- Freedom from Legalism (2:6-23)
- Guidelines for Holy Living (3:1-17)
- Christian Households (3:18-4:1)
- Final Instructions and Greetings (4:2-18)
- Paul's Letter to Philemon
Here's how we'll study together.
. Then you'll
read the Bible passage and use my notes to help you understand it better.
- On Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday you'll receive a question from that week's lesson to think about and answer. This is designed as a "total immersion" approach to Bible study, since I believe God wants to use these lessons to work real and permanent change in your life. (You can opt out of the daily questions if you like, however, and just receive the weekly lessons.) You'll be thinking about these passages constantly over these weeks -- long enough for God to work his Word into your life and lifestyle.
- You can respond to the questions and exercises using the Joyful Heart Bible Study Forum -- and read others' answers to reinforce your own understanding.
A book of the compiled lessons is available in both e-book and paperback formats.
- Then on Saturday, I'll send you the next week's lesson.
Sign up now!
To sign up, start by clicking on your e-mail frequency preference:
You'll receive your first lesson the Friday after you sign up. There is no cost to participate in the study, though donations are encouraged so we can create more studies and reach more people.
We respect your privacy and never sell, rent, or loan our lists. Please don't subscribe your friends; let them decide for themselves.
Please don't sign up for more than one of my Bible studies at one time. There's no penalty, but each of them is pretty intensive. If you try to do too many studies at the same time without adequate reflection, you'll miss out on God speaking to you.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- Disciple's Guide to the Holy Spirit
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- David, Life of
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ