Rebuild & Renew: The Post-Exilic Books
Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
David, Life of
Glorious Kingdom, The
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Sermon on the Mount
The Christ Powered Life
An 166-page book by Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
Discipleship Lessons from Romans 5-8
By no means! Christ's Spirit makes the difference. Though the Christian life is sometimes hard, in a Christ-centered life there is a place of victory over sin. It comes through faith as well as an understanding of who we are in Christ and how the Christian life is supposed to work. In this 8-lesson Bible study, Dr. Wilson takes you through some of the most powerful chapters on Christian living found in the Bible -- Romans 5-8, the golden core of Paul's magnum opus, his Letter to the Romans.
Is this passage difficult to understand? Yes. You'll be stretched. Your conceptual world will have to expand. But you'll find that the time you spend in studying Romans 5-8 will pay rich rewards, for it will move you closer to a Spirit-filled life that you will enjoy in spite of the struggles you experience.
This volume explores Romans 5-8 in 8 lessons that can be used for personal enrichment, by small groups and classes, and by teachers and preachers for sermon preparation.
Here's the outline of this 166-page book:
- We Now Have Peace with God (5:1-11). God has gone to great expense to reconcile us to him.
- United to Christ, the Second Adam (5:12-6:5).
- United with Christ, Free from Sin's Slavery (6:1-11). Christ's death weakens our sinful nature so that we can have victory over sin. Includes an excursus on baptism by immersion.
- Slaves to Righteousness Rather Than to Sin (6:12–23). Sin is no longer our master, Christ is!
- Struggling with Sin in Our Own Strength (7:1–25). Our flesh or sinful nature is no match for sin's power -- even with the insight of the law.
- Learning to Walk by the Spirit (8:1-17). Only when we are led and empowered by the Spirit can we be free from sin's dominion.
- Revealing the Children of God in Future Glory (8:15-28). The Spirit testifies that we are sons of God who will be fully revealed at the Resurrection.
- We Are More than Conquerors through Christ (8:28-39). God is determined to see us through to the end!
- Appendix 1. Big Concepts in Romans 5-8
- Appendix 2. The Concept of Union with Christ Is Basic to Paul's Theology
- Appendix 3. Songs and Hymns based on Romans 5-8 - Christ Powered Life
- Appendix 4. Participant Handouts for Groups and Classes
E-Books differ from Printed Books
If you don't already have Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, you can download a FREE copy here
- Privacy protection against identity theft.
- About the Author
- Statement of Faith
- Copying Policy
- How does an "E-book" differ from a Printed Book?
- Shipping Costs and Policies
- Guarantee and Refund Policy
|"I always looked Romans as ‘heavy in doctrine’ until
I studied it under Dr. Wilson. It is really a practical guide."
-- Danny Ninal
"Really made an impact on me as a preacher/teacher of God's Word." – Arturo G. Santiago
"We would like to thank you for the Roman 5-8 Bible study we are using with a group of people out of different denominations. From the first study, it completely changed the religious beliefs they were bound to. They thought they must perform to be righteous, but the Word were opened for them by the study." -- Philip Botha, South Africa
"Faces the tricky issues which scripture throws up and illuminates the darkest pieces with light, comparing scripture with scripture. No dodging the issues of real life. Wonderful!" -- Wesley Loane
"Excellent scholarship presented in a very user friendly media. Our group really enjoyed it." -- Pastor Nancy Fergusson
"Both intellectual and stimulating, yet somehow manages to reach people at every level in their Christian walk. Stunning stuff." -- Hazel Edmunds
"Always finds a way to approach subjects with grace and a clear eye towards unity in the body, not quibbling over doctrinal issues but addressing varying Christian interpretations of important subjects fairly when necessary. I always walk away enriched and stronger in my faith than before." -- Teddi Deppner
"Am using the study in my home cell group fellowship in Nairobi." -- Erick Oluoch Alindi
"A good Bible study not just for the ordinary member in the pew but also for people like me who serves full-time.... Life changing." -- Rev. Lidis Singkung
"A thorough consideration of the scriptures coupled with time to meditate and discuss the thoughts with others in my small group was very helpful to all eight of us." -- Greg Jones
"Lay leaders will grow and mature with this
available resource and significantly enhance their service to the Lord."
-- H.K. Sim
You can purchase this book either as a PDF or Kindle e-book.
Copyright © 1985-2017, Ralph F. Wilson. <pastorjoyfulheart.com> All rights reserved. A single copy of this article is free. Do not put this on a website. See legal, copyright, and reprint information.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- David, Life of
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ