Jesus' Parables for Disciples
Psalms Resources Online
Chart of the Psalms showing the use of each in in the Roman Catholic liturgy. Also includes comments on each by St. Athansius on each psalm. From FishEaters.com, a traditional Catholic site.
St. Athanasius (Archbishop of Alexandria), "Letter to to Marcellinus, concerning the Psalms" A warm letter to a younger friend who is recovering from illness, explaining the beauty and usefulness of the psalter. "I myself am devoted to the Psalms, as indeed to the whole Bible; and I once talked with a certain studious old man, who had bestowed much labour on the Psalter, and discoursed to me about it with great persuasiveness and charm, expressing himself clearly too, and holding a copy of it in his hand the while he spoke. So I am going to write down for you the things he said." What follows is a helpful and warm survey of the Psalms.
Walter Drum, "Psalms," in Catholic Encyclopedia (volume 12, 1911).
St. Augustine, Expositions on the Psalms
Charles H. Spurgeon, The Treasury of David (1885). Spurgeon's thoughts on the Psalms along with collected comments from other commentators. Each psalm includes "Hints to the Village Preacher" which are often pregnant with sermon ideas.
Together to Celebrate, Psalms, suggested songs from the Psalms.
Psalms in Cyberhymnal.com. Mostly traditional hymns with themes from the Psalms.
HymnSite.com Psalter. Database of the Isaac Watts' psalter.
Psalmistry.com. All Psalms Christian sheet music, MIDI, and MP3 files.All 150 psalms set to contempory music, by Stephen J. Peterson.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format -- currently 48 books in the JesusWalk Bible Study Series.
- Abraham, Faith of
- Jacob, Life of
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- David, Life of
- Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134)
- 28 Advent Scriptures (Messianic)
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Christmas Incarnation (Mt, Lk)
- Sermon on the Mount (Mt 5-7)
- Luke's Gospel
- John's Gospel
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Romans 5-8 (Christ-Powered Life)
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Colossians, Philemon
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 &2 Timothy, Titus
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper: Disciple's Guide
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus