Jesus' Parables for Disciples
Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
Why study the Peter's first letter? Let me give you a few reasons:
- You'll be refreshed with hope and joy.
- You'll see Jesus more clearly -- as Lamb, Overseer, Sacrifice, and Chief Shepherd.
- If you're struggling with temptation, you'll find several encouragements to holy living that will strengthen you.
- If you're suffering for something you didn't do -- or perhaps did do -- you'll find perspective and assurance.
Peter gives us:
- A clear vision of the Church.
- Wisdom for marriage
- Encouragement to witness -- with gentleness
- Important words about spiritual gifts, and
- Guidelines for church leaders.
All this in the 105 verses that comprise this brief New Testament letter! Short as it is, however, we won't rush through it, but savor it, meditate on it, and seek to internalize its truths. We're asking God to speak to us in these apostolic words conveyed by a commercial fisherman of Galilee -- now in Rome and soon to be executed. He's less a braggart now than he once was. Less impulsive. Time and discipleship have forged humility within him without destroying his boldness.
In book form as PDF, Kindle, and paperback
Peter is an apostle we can learn from. He walked with Jesus during his ministry and then spent the next thirty years preaching this Jesus and building his church all over the known world. A worthy teacher!
May God richly bless you as you study his Word deeply and meditate on it week by week.
Yours in Christ's service,
Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format -- currently 48 books in the JesusWalk Bible Study Series.
- Abraham, Faith of
- Jacob, Life of
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- David, Life of
- Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134)
- 28 Advent Scriptures (Messianic)
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Christmas Incarnation (Mt, Lk)
- Sermon on the Mount (Mt 5-7)
- Luke's Gospel
- John's Gospel
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Romans 5-8 (Christ-Powered Life)
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Colossians, Philemon
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 &2 Timothy, Titus
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper: Disciple's Guide
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus