Listening for God's Voice
Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
David, Life of
Glorious Kingdom, The
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
Sermon on the Mount
by Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
A Discipleship Journey with Jesus
Good Shepherd, stained glass window at All Saints Church, Alburgh, Norfolk, UK, by Powell of London (1872). Photo © by Simon Knott. Used by permission.
Please share this webpage on Facebook or bookmark the site using the buttons above. Thanks!
St. Augustine once said about the Gospel of John that,
"It is shallow enough for a child not to drown, yet deep enough for an elephant to swim in it."
The most memorized verse in the New Testament is found in the Fourth Gospel:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
And some of the greatest truths of the Christian faith are taught in the Fourth Gospel, perhaps more than in any New Testament book, for example:
- Jesus Christ is the only-begotten, fully divine, Son of God;
- The Holy Spirit, the Paraclete, Who guides, teaches, and empowers us to carry on Jesus' miraculous ministry;
- The Father loves us as He did Jesus;
- Eternal life vs. the wrath of God;
- And much more....
John shares some of the same incidents as Matthew, Mark, and Luke (the Synoptic Gospels) and offers his own thoughtful perspective from the point of view of one close to Jesus that helps us understand the deeper significance of these events. But John's Gospel also contains material not found in the other Gospels:
Entire study is available in paperback, Kindle, and PDF formats.
I'm sure you've studied the Gospel of John before, but this time we'll study it in depth and mine its riches for ourselves -- you and I together. It will be a long study -- and I'm not finished writing it yet by a long shot -- but it will be worth it! My focus will be on how we can learn to be better disciples and walk more closely with Jesus.
I encourage you to sign up for this study that will begin on the Friday following the day after you sign up. Sign up now so you don't forget -- and invite your friends to do the same.
- Each Saturday I'll e-mail you the lesson for the weekk . Then you'll read the Bible passage and use my notes to help you understand it better.
- If you sign up for the daily questions version, on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday you'll receive a question from that week's lesson to think about and answer. This is designed as a "total immersion" approach to Bible study, since I believe God wants to use these lessons to work real and permanent change in your life. (You can opt out of the daily questions if you like, however, and just receive the weekly lessons.) You'll be thinking about these passages constantly over these weeks -- long enough for God to work his Word into your life and lifestyle.
- You can respond to the questions and exercises using the Joyful Heart Bible Study Forum -- and read others' answers to reinforce your own understanding.
- With each lesson you'll receive a link to a 20- to 30-minute audio teaching that sums up the passage you've been studying that week. Some who learn better from hearing than from reading really appreciate this.
- Then on Saturday, I'll send you the next week's lesson.
As 2015, more than 3,500 people from more than 81 countries around the world had subscribed. It's free, no cost. If you'd like to study this with a group, feel free to reprint the Participant Guide Handouts at no charge.
Sign up now!
To sign up, start by clicking on your e-mail frequency preference:
You'll receive your first lesson the Friday after you sign up. There is no cost to participate in the study, though donations are encouraged so we can create more studies and reach more people.
We respect your privacy and never sell, rent, or loan our lists. Please don't subscribe your friends; let them decide for themselves.
Please don't sign up for more than one of my Bible studies at one time. There's no penalty, but each of them is pretty intensive. If you try to do too many studies at the same time without adequate reflection, you'll miss out on God speaking to you.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- Listening for God's Voice
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- David, Life of
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Rebuild and Renew: Post Exilic Books
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ