Beginning the Journey (for new Christians)
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
David, Life of
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Names of God
Sermon on the Mount
Discipleship and spiritual formation curriculum for new believers, new Christians
Bible Reading Plans
Here are several different approaches to regular Bible reading. Pick one that fits your needs, print it out, and use it.
Discipleship Journal, an excellent monthly magazine on training disciples published by NavPress, offers 3 different Bible reading plans that can be started at any time during the year.
- The 5x5x5 Bible Reading Plan is planned for 5 minutes per day, 5 days per week, and 5 ways to dig deeper. One chapter per day, through the New Testament in one year.
- Book-at-a-Time Bible Reading Plan intersperses Old and New Testament books, with the four gospels spread throughout the year. Read the Complete Bible in one year. Each month consists of 25 readings to keep you from getting behind if you miss. Also available in Spanish.
- The Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan. Read four places in God's Word every day to better grasp the unity of the Scriptures. Read the complete Bible in one year. Gives 25 readings per month, so if you miss a few, you won't get behind. Also available in Spanish.
Printed books, e-books, and a DVD set are available
Other Bible reading plans are available from:
- BiblePlan.org offers daily readings e-mailed to you, with a variety of approaches.
- BibleGateway.com offers five online reading plans: Old/New Testament, Chronological, Beginning, Historical, and 90 Days.
- Bible-Reading.com offers a one-page printable Bible reading plan, as well as Bible readings e-mailed to you daily.
Copyright © 1985-2014, Ralph F. Wilson. <pastorjoyfulheart.com> All rights reserved. A single copy of this article is free. Do not put this on a website. See legal, copyright, and reprint information.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ