Beginning the Journey (for new Christians)
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
David, Life of
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Names of God
Sermon on the Mount
Disciple Lessons from 2 Peter and Judeby Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
Print this Page
I hope you'll join me in this Bible study. I've been a pastor for the last 30
years, and since 1996 I've been conducting
Internet Bible studies. Today I find great joy in teaching people all over
the world from every denomination and faith tradition -- even those with no
faith background at all. You're welcome to learn more
about me and
what I believe, if you like. -- Dr. Ralph F. Wilson, Director|
I invite you to join me in a brief, six-lesson study of 2 Peter and Jude, two short letters near the end of the New Testament. They're not often the subject of sermons and may seem obscure to some. But here you'll find some gems of Christian teaching:
- How to grow up in Christ, how to keep from falling.
- The nature of Scriptural inspiration.
- Why Christ's coming has been delayed.
- The dangers of false teachers and bad doctrine.
- God's awesome protection all around us.
Yes, you'll find some elements that seem kind of obscure, but we'll focus and meditate on those verses which provide nourishment for our souls.
Here's how we'll study together.
- Each Saturday I'll e-mail you the lesson for the week. Then you'll read the Bible passage and use my notes to help you understand it better.
- On Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and maybe Thursday, you'll receive a question from that week's lesson to think about and answer. This is designed as a "total immersion" approach to Bible study, since I believe God wants to use it to work real and permanent change in your life. (You can opt out of the daily questions if you like, however, and just receive the weekly lessons.) You'll be thinking about these passages constantly for six weeks -- long enough for God to work his Word into your life and lifestyle.
- You can respond to the questions using the Joyful Heart Bible Study Forum -- and read others' answers to reinforce your own understanding.
- On Fridays I'll e-mail you the link to a 20- to 30-minute audio teaching that sums up the passage you've been studying that week. Some who learn better from hearing than from reading really appreciate this.
- Then on Saturday, I'll send you the next week's lesson.
Available as an e-book in PDF or Kindle formats.
- Great and Precious Promises (2 Peter 1:1-4)
"Knowledge" in 2 Peter
- Add to your Faith Goodness (2 Peter 1:5-11)
- The Living Word of Scripture (2 Peter 1:12-21)
- Beware of False Teachers (2 Peter 2:1-22; Jude 3-19)
Parallels between 2 Peter and Jude
- Not Willing that Any Should Perish (2 Peter 3:1-18)
- Able to Keep You From Falling (Jude 1-2, 20-25)
Handouts for Group Participants (may be duplicated for group members at no charge)
I hope I've convinced you to go with me on a JesusWalk for the next six weeks. Join me in sitting at the feet of St. Peter and St. Jude as we learn lessons for disciples.
Yours in Christ's service
Sign up now!
To sign up, start by clicking on your e-mail frequency preference:
You'll receive your first lesson the Friday after you sign up. There is no cost to participate in the study, though donations are encouraged so we can create more studies and reach more people.
We respect your privacy and never sell, rent, or loan our lists. Please don't subscribe your friends; let them decide for themselves.
Please don't sign up for more than one of my Bible studies at one time. There's no penalty, but each of them is pretty intensive. If you try to do too many studies at the same time without adequate reflection, you'll miss out on God speaking to you.
Copyright © 1985-2014, Ralph F. Wilson. <pastorjoyfulheart.com> All rights reserved. A single copy of this article is free. Do not put this on a website. See legal, copyright, and reprint information.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- Lamb of God
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ