Disciple's Guide to the Holy Spirit
Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
David, Life of
Glorious Kingdom, The
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Listening for God's Voice
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
Sermon on the Mount
Paintings and Artwork of Jesus Teaching Ministryby Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
James J. Tissot, "Jesus Preaches the Sermon on the Mount" (1886-1896), watercolor. Larger image.
- Jesus Teaching in the Synagogue (1886-1896), watercolor
- The Sermon on the Mount (1886-1896), watercolor. Teaching the disciples under an olive tree.
- Jesus Preaches the Sermon on the Mount (1886-1896), watercolor. Another.
- Jesus Teaching at the Shore (1886-1896), watercolor
- Jesus Speaking to the Treasury (1886-1896), watercolor. Seated speaking in the treasury of the temple.
- The Lord's Prayer.
Fra Angelico, Sermon on the Mount (1442), Museo Di San marco Dell'Angelico, Florence
Christ Teaching, Anglo-Saxon, possibly Canterbury, about 1000,
colors and on
12 1/8 x 7 7/8 in. Getty Museum.
Cosimo Rosselli, Sermon on the Mount (1481-82), Fresco, 349 x 570 cm, Sistine Chapel, Vatican
Dante Gabriel Rossetti, The Sermon on the Mount (1862), Stained glass. South nave window. All Saints, Selsley, Gloucestershire, UK
Franz Guillery, Sermon on the Mount
Fra Angelico, detail from "Sermon on the Mount" (1442), Museo Di San marco Dell'Angelico, Florence. Full image.
Henry Hofmann, Sermon from the boat
- Jesus Preaching on the Mount, oil on canvas.
- Sermon on the Mount, engraving. Another.
- Jesus Preaching at the Sea of Galilee, engraving
- Jesus Preaching to the Multitude, engraving
Claude Lorrain, The Sermon on the Mount (c.1656), oil on canvas (lined), 67 1/2 in. x 102 1/4 in. (171.45 cm x 259.72 cm). The Frick Collection, New York.
Julius Schnorr von Carolsfeld, The Sermon on the Mount (1886-96), BW
Carl Heinrich Bloch (Danish painter, 1834-1890), detail from "Sermon on the Mount," Full image.
- Christ Preaching (c. 1643-49), etching
- Christ Preaching (c. 1652), etching, engraving, and drypoint. La petite tombe.
Saunière's Sermon on the Mount, Church of Saint Mary Magdalene
Sermon on the Mount, Stained glass window. Austin Avenue United methodist Church, Waco, TX. Kansas City Stained Glass Works (1901-03)
John Singer Sargent, Sermon on the Mount (sketch) in Triumph of Religion murals (1890-1919), Boston Public Library. sketches only, mural never completed.
Harry Hanley Parker (1869-1917), Sermon on the Mount (1905), mural, Calvary United Methodist Church, West Philadelphia.
Stained glass, Sermon on the Mount, Cologne (c. 1460).
Bas relief carving on front panel of pulipt, Sermon on the Mount, Cathedral of the Assumption, County Carlow, Ireland
Anthony Visco, Sermon on the Mount (1987-88), in bronze triptych, The Catherine Pew memorial Chapel, Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church, Bryn Mawr, PA
Marble relief of uncertain function showing Sermon on the Mount. Rome, ca. 270-310 A.D. (Rome: Mus. Naz.) Plebeian tradition.
Sermon on the Mount, mosaic, Byzantine.
Christian Art and Paintings:
Abraham Art | Agnus Dei Art | Angel Art | Annunciation Art |
Celtic Stone Cross Art |
Christian Symbols and Art |
Christmas Art |
Easter Art |
Passion of Christ
by Tissot |
Hebrew-Jewish Art | Holy Week Art | Jacob | Jesus' Ministry Art | Jesus' Teaching Art |
Jesus Portraits and Art | John the Baptist
| John the Apostle
| Lamb of God Art | Last Supper Art | Madonna & Child Art |
Moses and the
Exodus | Names of God Art | OT Misc Art | Psalms Art | Palm Sunday Art | Paul Art and Paintings | Day of Pentecost Art | Peter Art and Paintings |
Prayer Art | Resurrection Art | Revelation Art |
Thanksgiving and Pilgrims Art |
Timothy Art and Paintings
Copyright of artwork. Much, but not all, of the artwork linked to on this site is in the public domain worldwide due to the date of death of its author (if it is was published outside of the U.S. and the author has been dead for over 70 years), or due to its date of publication (if it was first made public in the U.S. before 1923), at least in the United States (see Bridgeman Art Library v. Corel Corp.), in Germany, and in many other countries.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- Disciple's Guide to the Holy Spirit
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- David, Life of
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ