Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134
Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
Conquering Lamb of Revelation
David, Life of
Glorious Kingdom, The
Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Listening for God's Voice
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
Sermon on the Mount
Artwork of Events in Jesus' Lifeby Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
John the Baptist
Christ Walking on the Water
- Henry Ossawa Tanner (1859-1937), The Disciples See Christ Walking on the Water (1907), oil on canvas, 51 1/2 x 42 in. (130.8 x 106.7 cm.), Des Moines Art Center
Henryk Siemiradzki (1843-1902), The Adulteress (1873), Oil on canvas, 250 x 499 cm
- Henry Ossawa Tanner, Christ Appearing to Nicodemus (1899), oil on canvas, 33 11/16 x 39 1/2 in.
Boyhood of Jesus
- John Rogers Herbert (1810-1890), Our Saviour Subject to His Parents at Nazareth (1847), Oil on canvas, 32 x 51 inches, Guildhall Art Gallery, London. Quite striking in color.
- Botticelli, Virgin and Child with an Angel (1475-1785). Art Institute of Chicago
- Albert Roberti, detail of Christ carrying the cross, Brussels, dated 1851. Museum of Ancient Art, Brussels.
- Mikhail Nesterov (1862-1942), Bearing the Cross (1912), Oil on canvas, 143 x 143 cm
- Alexei Yegorov (1776-1851), The Scourging of the Saviour (1814), Oil on canvas, 260 x 207 cm
- Andrei Ivanov (1775-1848), The Baptism (1810-11), Oil on pressed cardboard, 50.5 x 109 cm
- William Holman Hunt (1827-1910), The Finding of the Savior in the Temple (In His Father's House)
- Sir John Everett Millais (1829-1896), Christ in the House of His Parents (1849-50)
Jesus washing the disciples' feet (John 13)
Ford Madox Brown (British Pre-Raphaelite painter, (1821-93), Jesus Washing Peter's Feet (1865), oil on canvas, Tate Gallery, London
- Vincent van Gogh, "The Parable of the Good Samaritan" (1890, Der gute Samariter, nach Delacroix), Öl auf Leinwand, 73 x 60 cm, Kröller-Müller Museum, Otterlo.
- Delacroix, Parable of the Good Samaritan,
- Rembrandt, Parable of the Good Samaritan (1632-33), Öl auf Holz, 27.5 x 21 cm, Wallace Collection, London.
- Good Samaritan at Wikipedia Commons
- Piet Esser, sculpture: "Barmhartige Samaritaan" (1976, Good Samaritan), placed at the Troosterlaan / Zwaardemakerlaan, Utrecht.
- James J. Tissot, The Good Samaritan (1884-1896), opaque watercolor over graphite on gray wove paper, 25.4 x 13.2 cm, Brooklyn Museum
Vasily Polenov (Russian painter, 1844-1927)
- Dreams (On a Hill) (1894), Oil on canvas, 151 x 142 cm. Another. Another (1894). Larger. Moscow.
- Returned to Galilee in Strength of Spirit (1890s-1900s), Oil on canvas, 131 x 76 cm
- Jezus en de zondares Jesus and the Sinner Woman (1886-87), oil on canvas, Russian Museum, St. Petersburg (John 8:4). Another. Larger
- What Do People Think About Me (1900) By bridge and stream
- Raising of Jairus' Daughter (1871), oil on canvas, Museum of the Academy of Arts, St. Petersburg, another?
- On the Tiberias Lake (1886), oil on canvas, Tretjakov Gallery, Moscow. Another.
- Marienquelle in Nazaret
- Tiberian Jew. Study. 1884. Oil on canvas. The Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow, Russia
- Among the Teachers (1896), Tretjakov Gallery, Moscow
- Baptism (), Tretjakov Gallery, Moscow
- An Olive-Tree in the Garden of Gethsemane. 1882. Oil on canvas. The Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow, Russia.
- The Brought the Children, oil on canvas, Tretjakov Gallery, Moscow
Carl Heinrich Bloch (Danish painter, 1834-1890). Most paintings in National Historic Museum, Friederiksborg Palace, Hillerĝd, Denmark. Also at
- Casting Out Satan
- Christ and Child
- Christ and the Children (1877), oil on canvas. Another
- Marriage at Cana, oil on copper plate
- Cleansing the Temple, oil on copper plate.
- Healing the Blind Man, oil on copper plate
- Come Unto Me, with hands outstretched, begger, cripple at his feet.
- Consolator, similar to above, but with people taking comfort. Large
- Raising Lazarus, oil on copper plate
- Christ Healing at the Pool of Bethesda, The Museum of Art, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- The Baptism, oil on copper plate
- The Daughter of Jairus, oil on canvas
- Transfiguration of Christ, oil on copper plate
- Woman at the Well, oil on copper plate
- Writing in the Sand (1889), etching
- Sermon on the Mount
- Denying Satan
Henryk Siemiradzki (1843-1902)
- Christ at the Home of Martha and Mary (1886), Oil on canvas, 191 x 303 cm, Gemeente Museum den Haag
- The Adulteress (1873), Oil on canvas, 250 x 499 cm
Harry Anderson (American Illustrator, 1906-1996). Seventh Day Adventist painter and illustrator. Several of his paintings are available from the LDS Distribution Services site.
- John Baptizing Jesus, another
- Calling of the Fishermen. Another
- Jesus' Triumphal Entry. Another
- The Crucifixion. Another
- The Resurrected Lord. Another.
- Jesus Praying in Gethsemane
- Paintings of the Life of Jesus Christ, LDS North Visitors' Center, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Prince of Peace. Jesus knocking on the UN building in New York City. Another.
- Jesus with Arms outstretched overlooking NYC
- Both secular and sacred illustrations.
- Madonna and Child (Mary with lipstick)
- Mary and the Resurrected Lord. Another
- Adam Naming the Animals
- Jesus Walking with Children
- The Ascension of Jesus
- Jesus Shows His Wounds (Luke 24:36-40)
- The Second Coming
- Prodigal Son looking at pig
- Love Welcomes the Prodigal, Reproduced in 'Christ's Object Lessons', Signs Publishing. Date unknown.
- Disciples in the Shadow of the Cross
- Divine Counselor. Jesus conversing in an office with a businessman dressed ca. 1950.
- The Consultation. Jesus next to a physician at the bedside of a sick woman.
- What Happened to Your Hand? (little girl on Jesus' lap questions the scar in his hand)
- Christ with the Children.
- Christ Ordaining the Apostles (oil mural, 1964)
- Sermon on the Mount
- Simon the Cyrene Carries the Cross, Jesus walks alongside.
- Go Ye Therefore (Matthew 28:19-20). Great Commission.
Harold Copping (1863-1932, British Illustrator), produced The Copping Bible (1910), The Bible Story Book (1923), and My Bible Book (1931). Illustrations and paintings.
- The Merchant Finds the Pearl of Great Price
- the Parable of the Sower
- The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
- The Parable of the Fig Tree
- The Parable of the Great Supper
- The Parable of the Draw-Net
Pieter Breugel the Elder, Peasant Wedding Banquet (1568), Kunsthistorisches Museum at Vienna
Fractio Panis Fresco ("the breaking of bread), Greek Chapel, Catacomb of St. Priscilla, fresco, third century, on the arch over the altar tomb, upon which the sacrament of the Eucharist was performed. It probably represents the eschatological banquet in the Kingdom of God.
Walter Rane (1949- )
Simon Dewey ( )
Greg Olson ()
- A Light to the Gentiles (Simon blessing the Baby Jesus in the Temple)
- Jesus in the Synagogue at Nazareth
- Forever and Ever (Kingdom of God), Jesus with child seated on his lap
Del Parson ()
Morgan Weistling (California illustrator and painter, 1964- ). Beautiful paintings of Jesus and spiritual life by a California illustrator. All paintings are protected by copyright. Most of these are found in Morgan Weistling, The Image of Christ (Baker Books, 2000), ISBN 0801011965, beautifully illustrated with poems and meditations by various authors. Images can be seen at World-Wide-Art.com and ChristCenteredMall.com. Many of his non-religious paintings feature adults and children, rural, 19th century Americana. More at his website.
- "The Promise" (2001). Jesus embracing Jairus' daughter after raising her from the dead. "This painting illustrates a real event in time, and it is also symbolic of the life Jesus offers everyone" - Morgan Weistling
- "Walking with God" (2000) Jesus holding up the hands of a toddler helping him to walk. Carpenter tools and woodchips are on the floor of Joseph's carpenter shop.
- "The Lord Is My Shepherd," Jesus carrying a sheep over his shoulders, walking in sandles with a happy expression on the ridge of a hill(Luke 15:3-7).
- "Our Refuge and Strength" (1998). Jesus walking on the water, reaching out to grab the wrist of sinking St. Peter
- "The Reflection of God," Jesus standing waist deep in a river, looking up with palm open, pictured in a meditative moment prior to his baptism.
- "Lilies of the Field," Jesus in a field of wildflowers, with hands gesturing toward all the flowers
- "Kissing the Face of God" (1998). Mary holding the baby Jesus, kissing him on the cheek. Amazing image of mother-love.
- "Crucifixion" (2001). Jesus, on the cross, naked from waist up, looking up with light flooding his face. No wounds visible. Haunting expression on Christ's face looking up to the Father, just before the Father withdrew from him.
- "Healing the Blind Man," Jesus laying his hands on the eyes of a kneeling blind man, lit with the crowd in the background darker. Their faces showed the varied reactions to his miracles.
- "Known by His Scars," dimly lit Jesus displaying his lit, scarred hands.
- "My Lord and My God," portrait, face of Jesus covered by a white hair covering (John 20:27-28).
- "A Thankful Heart" (2001). Girl with white apron, long dress, single pigtail and folded hands praying before a meal. Reminiscent of Norman Rockwell.
- "Thy Will Be Done" (1998). Jesus, with white hooded robe, with folded hands, standing in prayer. "I wanted to emphasize his strong carpenter's hands, clasped in prayer, representing his communion with the Father" - Morgan Weistling.
- "Water to Wine" (1998). Jesus standing under a stone arch extends his hand over pot into which servants are pouring water. Wine glows red.
- "The Invitation" (1996). Jesus standing outside a lit banquet in the background, grasps the outstretched hand of a beggar kneeling in the snow and invites him inside.
Sir John Everett Millais, (Pre-Raphaelite painter, 1829-1896), "The Leaven" (1864), relief print, 140 x 108 mm, from illustrations to The Parables of Our Lord, engraved by the Dalziel Brothers. Larger image.
Sir John Everett Millais, (Pre-Raphaelite painter, 1829-1896), "The Hidden Treasure" (1864), relief print, 140 x 108 mm, from illustrations to The Parables of Our Lord, engraved by the Dalziel Brothers. Larger image.
Sir John Everett Millais, (Pre-Raphaelite painter, 1829-1896), relief print, from illustrations to The Parables of Our Lord, engraved by the Dalziel Brothers (1864), Tate Collection
The Hidden Treasure
The Lost Sheep
The Good Shepherd
The Pearl of Great Price
The Good Samaritan
The Pharisee and the Publican
The Wise Virgins
The Foolish Virgins
The Unjust Judge and the Importunate Widow
The Rich Man and Lazarus
The Laborers in the Vineyard
The Marriage Feast
The Lost Piece of Silver
The Importunate Friend
The Wicked Husbandman
The Unmerciful Servant
The Prodigal Son
also, Christ in the House of His Parents (1849-50)
James J. Tissot
Tissot painted many, many events in the Life of Christ. You'll see links to hundreds of his paintings on this and a companion site.
- Paintings on the Life of Christ
- The Passion of Christ
- James Tissot, The Palsied Man Let Down Through the Roof, Brooklyn Museum
- Peter von Cornelius (1783-1867), The Wise and Foolish Virgins (1813). von Cornelius was a member of "the Nazarenes."
- Edward Coley Burne-Jones, The Wise and Foolish Virgins (1859), pen and ink drawing.
- Theresa Georgina Thornycroft, The Parable of the Great Supper (Tate Gallery)
- Dürer, St. Mark
CollectionsOther artwork collections
Christian Art and Paintings:
Abraham Art | Agnus Dei Art | Angel Art | Annunciation Art |
Celtic Stone Cross Art |
Christian Symbols and Art |
Christmas Art |
Easter Art |
Passion of Christ
by Tissot |
Hebrew-Jewish Art | Holy Week Art | Jacob | Jesus' Ministry Art | Jesus' Teaching Art |
Jesus Portraits and Art | John the Baptist
| John the Apostle
| Lamb of God Art | Last Supper Art | Madonna & Child Art |
Moses and the
Exodus | Names of God Art | OT Misc Art | Psalms Art | Palm Sunday Art | Paul Art and Paintings | Day of Pentecost Art | Peter Art and Paintings |
Prayer Art | Resurrection Art | Revelation Art |
Thanksgiving and Pilgrims Art |
Timothy Art and Paintings
Copyright of artwork. Much, but not all, of the artwork linked to on this site is in the public domain worldwide due to the date of death of its author (if it is was published outside of the U.S. and the author has been dead for over 70 years), or due to its date of publication (if it was first made public in the U.S. before 1923), at least in the United States (see Bridgeman Art Library v. Corel Corp.), in Germany, and in many other countries.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- Songs of Ascent (Ps 120-134)
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Apostle Paul
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- Conquering Lamb of Revelation
- David, Life of
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ