Jesus' Parables for Disciples
Orante (Orans) as Early Christian Symbol
Orante della catacomba di via Anapo a Roma
Person in prayer (orantes) and a dove with an olive branch in its mouth.
The Orante is a figure with open arms, a symbol of the soul at peace in paradise, a representation of the soul in the other world as a figure (orante) with arms extended in prayer.
Orante figure from the Catacomb of Priscilla, Cubicle of the Velata, Rome (second half of the third century).This pose of arms lifted in prayer is found in thousands of figures in the catacombs, representing a soul at peace in paradise.
- Three paintings of orante from catacombs
- Orante fragment, Il museo di St. Eustorgio
- Fresco of Orante, Italy
- Gravestone for Mouses and his wife (Rome, 3rd century A.D.), Pio Cristiano Museum, Vatican. Shows Orante and Good shepherd.
- Lastra con epitaffio di Bessula. Sec.V. Musei Vaticani, Museo Pio Cristiano. Cittàdel Vaticano.
- Sezione archeologica. Epigrafe con figura di donna orante, Museo Civico, Biassono.
- Rara figura di "orante" incisa sulla muratura di un "mayen" a Torgnon
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format -- currently 48 books in the JesusWalk Bible Study Series.
- Abraham, Faith of
- Jacob, Life of
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- David, Life of
- Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134)
- 28 Advent Scriptures (Messianic)
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Christmas Incarnation (Mt, Lk)
- Sermon on the Mount (Mt 5-7)
- Luke's Gospel
- John's Gospel
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Romans 5-8 (Christ-Powered Life)
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Colossians, Philemon
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 &2 Timothy, Titus
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper: Disciple's Guide
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus