Jesus' Parables for Disciples
The Faithfulness of God
Part of a study on the Sermon on the Mount
based on Matthew 5:17-18
Until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Not one of all the Lord's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.
I will sing of the Lord's great love forever;
with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.
I will declare that your love stands firm forever,
that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself.
The heavens praise your wonders, O Lord,
your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.
O Lord God Almighty, who is like you?
You are mighty, O Lord, and your faithfulness surrounds you.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is your faithfulness.
If we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Readings are selected from the New Internation Version of the Bible. Joshua 21:45; Psalm 89:1-2, 5, 8; 100:5; Lamentations 3:22-23; 2 Timothy 2:13; 1 John 1:9
All lessons now compiled as a 220-page book available as an e-book or printed book.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format -- currently 48 books in the JesusWalk Bible Study Series.
- Abraham, Faith of
- Jacob, Life of
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- David, Life of
- Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134)
- 28 Advent Scriptures (Messianic)
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Christmas Incarnation (Mt, Lk)
- Sermon on the Mount (Mt 5-7)
- Luke's Gospel
- John's Gospel
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Romans 5-8 (Christ-Powered Life)
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Colossians, Philemon
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 &2 Timothy, Titus
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper: Disciple's Guide
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus