Beginning the Journey (for new Christians)
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
David, Life of
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Names of God
Sermon on the Mount
Disciple Lessons from Hebrews
A 214-page Bible study in 13 lessons
- In some places it soars. The "Hall of Faith" of Hebrews 11, for example, recites the faith of the patriarchs in terms that always lifts me up and inspires me.
- In other places it's downright difficult. Several verses are frankly hard to understand clearly, but intriguing nonetheless.
- Here and there you'll find stern warnings and exhortations. How should we take them?
- Occasionally you almost need hip-boots to wade through the various tabernacle sacrificial rituals from the book of Leviticus. But if you take the time to understand what is being said, you'll be staggered by the implications.
- It's filled with high-grade nuggets of Christian truth that will stay with you all your life!
Hebrews is certainly a book for disciples. It stirs our faith and nips at our heels when we get lazy in our walk. It helps us see Jesus in a new way. And it enables us to understand the role of suffering to discipline and train us up as Jesus' disciples. Though Hebrews discusses at length Old Testament themes of sacrifice, forgiveness, and Israel's high priest, it isn't about these things. Ultimately, the Letter to Hebrews is a lens that focuses all our attention of Jesus Christ -- who he is in both his humanity and divinity, and what he has done for us now and forever.
Here's the outline:
Introduction to Hebrews
- Jesus, the Father's Own Son (Hebrews 1:1-2:4)
- Jesus, Who Tastes Death for Everyone (2:5-18)
- Jesus, the Giver of Rest (3:1-4:13)
- Jesus, Our Sympathetic High Priest (4:14-5:10)
- Warnings Against Apostasy (5:11-6:12)
- Jesus, Our High Priest Forever (6:13-7:28)
- Jesus, Mediator of a Better Covenant (8:1-9:12)
- Jesus, Our Willing Sacrifice (9:13-10:18)
- Let Us Draw Near: Confidence of Faith (10:19-39)
- Let Us Believe: Nature of Faith (11:1-6, 11)
- Let Us Trust: Perspective of Faith (11:7-12:2)
- Let Us Endure: Perseverance of Faith (12:3-29)
- Let Us Love: Workings of Faith and Epilogue (13:1-25)
Here's a detailed outline.
|Disciple Lessons from Hebrews takes its place in the
Bible Study Series. Here's what people are saying about this series:
"Biblical, Spirit-filled, and pragmatic... Unites Christian doctrine with application to our daily lives." -- Bob Sutton
"A conversational style that is easy to read. He speaks in the warm style of a favorite teacher." -- Stephen Cram
"Stimulates your thinking, challenges your mind while being easy to understand." -- John Luis Jr.
"Spiritually nourishing. I am planning to teach the lessons in my own Bible Study group." -- Edgar Caina
Order the book. It will enrich your thoughts, your prayers, your worship, and
your life -- as well as provide a rich study for your class or small group, or
the basis of a sermon series.
Lesson Handouts for Group Participants (may be reprinted free)
E-Books differ from Printed Books
If you don't already have Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, you can download a FREE copy here
- Privacy protection against identity theft.
- About the Author
- Statement of Faith
- Copying Policy
- How does an "E-book" differ from a Printed Book?
- Paperback Shipping
- Guarantee and Refund Policy
You can purchase this 214-page book either as an e-book or a printed book.
Copyright © 1985-2014, Ralph F. Wilson. <pastorjoyfulheart.com> All rights reserved. A single copy of this article is free. Do not put this on a website. See legal, copyright, and reprint information.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
Other Bible Study Books
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- Lamb of God
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ