Beginning the Journey (for new Christians).
1, 2, and 3 John
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 & 2 Timothy
2 Peter, Jude
7 Last Words of Christ
Christ Powered Life (Rom 5-8)
David, Life of
Jesus and the Kingdom
Lamb of God
Names of God
Names of Jesus
Sermon on the Mount
Ephesians: Discipleship Lessons
Of all of St. Paul’s Epistles, his Letter to the Ephesians is his spiritual masterpiece. Though written from prison in Rome, the first half of the Letter is full of praise and worship, an exalted understanding of Christ, and a transcendent view of the Church. He challenges us to leave our lowest selves to seek our highest potential in Jesus, seated with him at the right hand of the Father. Here is salvation by grace through faith, as well as the unity and mission of the church. Paul’s prayers are amazing in their breadth and scope!
The second half turns from doctrine to application. Paul spells out what unity looks like and how gifted ministry functions in the church body. Paul’s condemnation of sinful attachments is matched by his conviction that the power of Christ can free us to become like “light in the Lord.” He paints a portrait of a loving Christian marriage between believing spouses and compares it to Christ and his Church. This prison epistle concludes with a challenge to “put on the whole armor of God” and to struggle in prayer for victory. All in all, it is an uplifting, glorious epistle indeed.
This book explores Paul’s letter in 16 lessons that can be used for personal enrichment, by small groups and classes, and by teachers and preachers for sermon preparation.
Part 1. Doctrine
- Spiritual Blessings in Christ (1:1-6)
- God's Gracious Plan of Redemption (1:7-14)
- The Greatness of Our Christian Inheritance (1:15-23)
- From Deadness in Sin to Coming Alive in Christ (2:1-7)
- Salvation by Grace through Faith (2:8-10)
Scheduled one-week break
- Fellow Citizens with the People of God (2:11-22)
- The Mystery, Mission, and Ministry of the Church (3:1-13)
- Paul's Prayer and Doxology (3:14-21)
Part 2. Application
- One Body -- Unity and Diversity (4:1-10)
- Preparation, Ministry, and Maturity (4:11-16)
- Putting on Clean Clothes (4:17-32)
- Imitate Your Father, Children (5:1-20)
Scheduled one-week break
- Christian Husbands and Christian Wives (5:21-33)
- Children and Parents, Employers and Employees (6:1-9)
- Wrestling with the Enemy of Our Souls (6:10-18)
- Prevailing through Prayer (6:18-24)
"A thorough yet tangible study for beginners and scholars
alike. We studied this as a group, with women from a number of different
denominations as well as different generations -- a great opportunity for
inspiration, education, and fellowship." -- Stacy Mowry|
"I have really learned a lot from the intriguing questions that Pastor Ralph poses." -- Eudora Olsen
"Biblical, Spirit-filled, and pragmatic... Unites Christian doctrine with application to our daily lives." -- Bob Sutton
"A conversational style that is easy to read. He speaks in the warm style of a favorite teacher." -- Stephen Cram
"I came into this study thinking I pretty well knew what was in Paul's letter to the Ephesians, but I was wrong ... there was so much more." -- Pastor Ralph E. Prinkey II
"An excellent expository study of the Bible."-- Jeane Corbett
"Stimulates your thinking, challenges your mind while being easy to understand." -- John Luis Jr.
"Spiritually nourishing. I am planning to teach the lessons in my own Bible Study group." -- Edgar Caina
"I am using this study with a men's Bible study I lead every other week.... Learning and sharing at the same time." -- Brother Ed
"I recommend this study to others.... There are too many 'fluff' studies out there that people seem to flock to and it breaks my heart." -- Dixie L. Gramke
"Simple and easy to comprehend, not so 'heavy' for a new Christian like me." -- Romy Ismael
Order the book. It will enrich your thoughts, your prayers, your worship, and your life -- as well as provide a rich study for your class or small group.
E-Books differ from Printed Books
If you don't already have Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, you can download a FREE copy here
- Privacy protection against identity theft.
- About the Author
- Statement of Faith
- Copying Policy
- How does an "E-book" differ from a Printed Book?
- Paperback Shipping
- Guarantee and Refund Policy
You can purchase this 186-page book either as an e-book or paperback book.
Copyright © 1985-2016, Ralph F. Wilson. <pastorjoyfulheart.com> All rights reserved. A single copy of this article is free. Do not put this on a website. See legal, copyright, and reprint information.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- David, Life of
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ