Jesus' Parables for Disciples
The church at Thessalonica in Macedonia is a newly planted congregation, located in the capital of the province. It is under fierce attack. Opposing Jewish leaders have caused a riot and driven the church-planting team out of town. To keep the peace, secular leaders have exacted a promise that the Apostle Paul won't return. But amazingly, against all odds, the new congregation begins to grow and attract converts from the pagan population of the city. What's more, it becomes a model congregation for the fledging Christian movement in the Mediterranean region.
1 and 2 Thessalonians, written about 50 AD -- the earliest documents in the New Testament -- reveal Paul's heart and passion as he seeks to guide this congregation towards health and balance.
In 1 and 2 Thessalonians we'll examine:
- God's grace in selecting his children,
- The heart and character of a disciple-maker,
- Christ's coming, the rapture, and the Antichrist,
- How to deal with overly-dependent members,
- A high view of sexual purity, and
- Keys to a healthy Christian congregation.
This study covers the two letters in nine lessons. Each lesson contains 4 or 5 discussion questions to help you or a group come to grips with the letters' teachings and the implications of these for your life.
My prayer is that you grow stronger as disciples as a result of this intensive study of 1 and 2 Thessalonians.
Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
January 1, 2013
P.S. If you have purchased a book version, would you please be so kind as to write a two or three sentence review on the Amazon.com site? I would really appreciate it!
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format -- currently 48 books in the JesusWalk Bible Study Series.
- Abraham, Faith of
- Jacob, Life of
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- David, Life of
- Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134)
- 28 Advent Scriptures (Messianic)
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Christmas Incarnation (Mt, Lk)
- Sermon on the Mount (Mt 5-7)
- Luke's Gospel
- John's Gospel
- Seven Last Words of Christ
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Romans 5-8 (Christ-Powered Life)
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Colossians, Philemon
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 &2 Timothy, Titus
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Grace: Favor for the Undeserving
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper: Disciple's Guide
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus