Guidelines for Joyful Heart Bible Study Forum
Here are a few guidelines for use of the Forum. You need to register at the Forum before you can participate, so be sure to do that. Remember ...
- No Denomination Bashing. This study group practices the unity of Christ's Church. We come from many different backgrounds and traditions -- Catholic, Orthodox, Reformed, Mainline Protestant, Pentecostal, Baptist, you name it. Some may not yet have become Christians. Thus we do not engage in criticizing other denominations. Our focus and unity is in Jesus Christ and the Word of God.
- A Loving Spirit. You may not agree with everyone's opinion you see on the Forum. Feel free to disagree in love and state your reasons. This way we can learn from each other. But if your motive is to set everyone straight, please don't bother. Judgmental comments are not welcome, and posters who don't demonstrate a loving spirit will be banned.
- Removing Comments. We trim comments on the Forum occasionally, so don't be offended if your comments aren't "eternal." :-)
- Stay On Topic. It's important not to wander off-topic in this Forum. If your comment isn't on the topic of the Bible text we're studying, please "hold that thought." This isn't a "Christian chat" but a focused Bible study.
- Be Discreet. Share carefully, realizing that many other people will be reading. Don't share things that are too personal. Though you'll give your e-mail to register as a Forum member, please don't share your e-mail address openly in your Forum postings, since that will get you picked up by spambots and added to a spam list. But if you'd like to e-mail another Forum member you can do that going through the Forum itself.